Monday, April 27, 2009

Doogie really was a genius

It's after 0200, and by 0800 I've got copy due for a website redesign. I'm taking a break from my fun to share a productivity hack I discovered in the grind of journalism school, where writing and editing well, at strange hours, with little or no sleep, was kind of a big deal.

Disclaimer: Yes, I ripped this off Doogie. Yes, it does work.

Step #1:
Change your background color! It cuts down on eye fatigue, and it's retro enough to give your right brain a good massaging. If you ever struggle with "creativity-on-demand," you must try this.

Step #2:
You'll have to invert
your font color for easier reading. Fan that I am of preteen physician phenoms, I prefer Doogie's white/blue combo. Also, blue is a soothing color, and the white page can a psychological hurdle.

Step #3: Before you print, don't forget to revert to white screen and black text!

Andy
Copy slave trying to stay on deadline
Follow me


0 comments: