Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pama Lama Ding Dong

In the field I'm trying to get into, a generic cover letter is worth zilch.  Thus, I find myself writing customized covers that draw connections between myself and my potential employer.  This is good.  The problem is that I'm writing on the spot, sometimes in text boxes on an online application, and first drafts are scary.  I'm okay with quality control, but I find myself attempting (and failing) at humor.  Due to a disgustingly buggy Chrome beta, my first two apps went into the Great Oblivion.  My good fortune!  I had to rewrite my cover letters, and the second time, all the great jokes seemed a bit . . . insane?  In the end, I feel just like Michael Scott when he answers the phone, and Pam gives him a second try at professionalism.  I'm too tired to explain further; I guess this is for Office fans only.  

GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM!  





0 comments: