Friday, March 30, 2007

My competence is unmatched!

Ideally, to master Arabic you should study 4-5 hours per day for several years. I study about an hour a week. For our Friday quiz, the teacher gave us a word bank with nouns, verbs and other words and told us to write our own sentences. That was a big problem great idea. I showed my mastery by writing sentences such as, "Mes'ali 'annini min el-'ahil" (The matter is the bottle from the family) and "Nayyamat el-walad baladak" (You put to sleep the boys from your country" and finally "biddi el-'ibri!" (I don't want the needle!). I'm not saying I want an F on this quiz; I'm just saying I could do a lot of damage if I ever try to talk with the locals.

1 comments:

Emily said...

This is funny. This is very, very funny. This is "Will Ferrel wants his hands on this material" funny.